One Health News
With a heart of ambition and toolbelt of knowledge, Samantha Andristch is one step closer to her dreams at the University of Florida.
An outbreak of avian influenza, commonly known as bird flu, in the U.S. has affected wild water and shorebirds, commercial poultry, and common backyard birds. More than 55 million birds have been infected with the virus since January 2022, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and it has spread to some mammals.
As a former NCAA Division I competitive swimmer, Tracie Baker is no stranger to water, and with years of Ironman triathlon training, she’s more experienced than most at pushing her body to its physical limits.
From WMFE: Florida as experts are concerned climate change-related events may be creating an ideal environment for mosquito breeding and disease.
From NBC News: Cases of Vibrio vulnificus infection tend to rise after hurricanes mix fresh rainwater with salty seawater.
Zoonotic diseases are infectious diseases that have jumped from an animal (non-human) to humans, including COVID-19, Monkeypox, and other relevant diseases.
More info coming soon!
Other One Health News
- Thermostable Vaccines in Veterinary Medicine: State of the Art and Opportunities to Be Seized
- Natural language processing and network analysis provide novel insights on policy and scientific discourse around Sustainable Development Goals
- Association Between Sex Hormones Levels and Clinical Outcomes in Patients With COVID-19 Admitted to Hospital: An Observational, Retrospective, Cohort Study
- Age-sex population-adjusted analysis of disease severity in epidemics as a tool to devise public health policies for COVID-19
- The unsung virtue of thermostability
- Erasing the invisible line to empower the pandemic response
- Association Between Sex Hormones Levels and Clinical Outcomes in Patients With COVID-19 Admitted to Hospital: An Observational, Retrospective, Cohort Study (preprint)
- Is the COVID‐19 pandemic impacting on the risk of African Swine Fever virus (ASFV) introduction into the United States? A short‐term assessment of the risk factors
- Integrating digital and field surveillance to complement efforts to manage epidemic diseases of livestock: African swine fever as a case study
- Could Mustelids spur COVID-19 into a panzootic?
- Understanding Perceptions and Attitudes toward Genetically Modified Organisms on Twitter
- Toward Nanotechnology-Enabled Approaches against the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Here, the huge rainbow within the COVID-19 storm
- Is COVID-19 the First Pandemic that Evolves into a Panzootic?
- Salute circolare: Una rivoluzione necessaria